New theatre show based on Oliver Twist’s Fagin is coming to Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A new production centred on one of British literature’s most famous villains will soon be taking to the stage in Bungay.
‘Fagin?’, based on the character of the same name from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, March 2.
A theatre spokesman said: “This exploration captures Fagin’s journey of greed, deception and betrayal but also love and, ultimately, retribution.
“Whilst the show captivates the audience with its dark and suspenseful atmosphere, it is not without humour and wit.
“It even goes as far as to flirt with metadrama, breaking the fourth wall and even referencing Oliver! The Musical.”
You may also want to watch:
Created by the Kick in the Head theatre company the show finds Fagin as he reviews his final night in prison before being hanged.
Tickets for the 7.30pm performance are £12 and are available by calling 01986 897130 or visiting www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 10 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it