New theatre show based on Oliver Twist’s Fagin is coming to Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A new production centred on one of British literature’s most famous villains will soon be taking to the stage in Bungay.
‘Fagin?’, based on the character of the same name from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, March 2.
A theatre spokesman said: “This exploration captures Fagin’s journey of greed, deception and betrayal but also love and, ultimately, retribution.
“Whilst the show captivates the audience with its dark and suspenseful atmosphere, it is not without humour and wit.
“It even goes as far as to flirt with metadrama, breaking the fourth wall and even referencing Oliver! The Musical.”
You may also want to watch:
Created by the Kick in the Head theatre company the show finds Fagin as he reviews his final night in prison before being hanged.
Tickets for the 7.30pm performance are £12 and are available by calling 01986 897130 or visiting www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing