New theatre show based on Oliver Twist’s Fagin is coming to Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A new production centred on one of British literature’s most famous villains will soon be taking to the stage in Bungay.
‘Fagin?’, based on the character of the same name from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, March 2.
A theatre spokesman said: “This exploration captures Fagin’s journey of greed, deception and betrayal but also love and, ultimately, retribution.
“Whilst the show captivates the audience with its dark and suspenseful atmosphere, it is not without humour and wit.
“It even goes as far as to flirt with metadrama, breaking the fourth wall and even referencing Oliver! The Musical.”
You may also want to watch:
Created by the Kick in the Head theatre company the show finds Fagin as he reviews his final night in prison before being hanged.
Tickets for the 7.30pm performance are £12 and are available by calling 01986 897130 or visiting www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message