New theatre show based on Oliver Twist’s Fagin is coming to Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A new production centred on one of British literature’s most famous villains will soon be taking to the stage in Bungay.
‘Fagin?’, based on the character of the same name from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, March 2.
A theatre spokesman said: “This exploration captures Fagin’s journey of greed, deception and betrayal but also love and, ultimately, retribution.
“Whilst the show captivates the audience with its dark and suspenseful atmosphere, it is not without humour and wit.
“It even goes as far as to flirt with metadrama, breaking the fourth wall and even referencing Oliver! The Musical.”
You may also want to watch:
Created by the Kick in the Head theatre company the show finds Fagin as he reviews his final night in prison before being hanged.
Tickets for the 7.30pm performance are £12 and are available by calling 01986 897130 or visiting www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft