Fire service respond after tree falls on live overhead power lines
- Credit: Archant
A tree has fallen on top of a set of live overhead power lines in Bungay.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were alerted at 10.22am this morning following reports a fallen tree in Flixton Road was in contact with overhead electrical cable.
One crew attended to monitor the situation before a second took over the operation.
A spokesman said: “As the cables are live a crew will remain on scene for safety reasons until UK Power Networks arrive to fix the problem.”
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “Engineers are working as quickly and as safely as possible to deal with a tree which has come into contact with an overhead line in Flixton Road, Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused while this work is being carried out.”
The fallen tree is not causing any obstruction to the road.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 8 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman