Familiar face returns as headteacher of two schools
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A familiar face has returned to a Beccles primary school to take on the role of headteacher.
Veronica Short, 58, was head of St Benet’s Catholic Primary School between 2006 and 2009, and has now returned to take up the role for a second time, alongside the position of head of St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School in Bungay.
Mrs Short takes up the combined role at the federated schools 11 months after leaving her post at St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Lowestoft.
She said: “I’ve had a very warm welcome back from the parents, staff and children of both schools.
“There are still some familiar faces around. For example, the school cook from when I was here is now a grandparent.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Short started her second spell at the school last week, succeeding interim headteacher Ivan Mulinder.
She said: “Both schools have very vibrant communities and I’m really looking forward to working with the staff, parents and children here.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
“The children at both schools have a great deal of potential and very supportive families that I am privileged to be working with.”
She has now set the target of achieving outstanding statuses for both schools - though she values the welfare of the children as her main priority.
“The most important thing is that when parents drop their children off in the morning that they know their child will be happy, secure and achieving their full potential,” said Mrs Short.
“I know this is what parents want for their children, and it is what I want to.”
St Benet’s and St Edmund’s were federated in 2010, forming the Federation of Catholic Schools of the Waveney Valley.
Have you got a story? Email email@example.com