Family treasure trail launched in Halesworth with Christmas theme
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Following the success of this year’s half-term Treasure Trail in Halesworth, the organisers have decided to set up another trail over the Christmas holidays.
The two-week trail launched on Saturday and families need to find the multi-coloured snowmen decorations, each complete with a letter, hanging up in the windows of shops and businesses in the town centre.
Once all the letters have been collected, participants must arrange them into a festive phrase to enter into the prize draw.
The first correct entry pulled out of a hat will win a cash prize of £50, with £25, £15 and £10 for the runners up.
Entry forms cost £1 each and are available from Halesworth Library, Edwards Restaurant and the Angel Hotel. Forms must be returned to either the library or Edwards by January 4, 2017, to be in with a chance of winning.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will go towards the Halesworth Christmas lights.
Organiser Karen Prime said: “It’s a bit of fun and it gets people to visit different parts of the town.”
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
And George the dragon, which was voted the winner at this year’s Halesworth Scarecrow Festival, will be sitting outside Edwards Restaurant until Christmas Day, dressed for the occasion in a Santa’s outfit.
It was made by Mrs Prime’s husband Kevin, and comes complete with lights, smoke and a Merry Christmas voice message.