Family treasure trail launched in Halesworth with Christmas theme
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Following the success of this year’s half-term Treasure Trail in Halesworth, the organisers have decided to set up another trail over the Christmas holidays.
The two-week trail launched on Saturday and families need to find the multi-coloured snowmen decorations, each complete with a letter, hanging up in the windows of shops and businesses in the town centre.
Once all the letters have been collected, participants must arrange them into a festive phrase to enter into the prize draw.
The first correct entry pulled out of a hat will win a cash prize of £50, with £25, £15 and £10 for the runners up.
Entry forms cost £1 each and are available from Halesworth Library, Edwards Restaurant and the Angel Hotel. Forms must be returned to either the library or Edwards by January 4, 2017, to be in with a chance of winning.
All money raised will go towards the Halesworth Christmas lights.
Organiser Karen Prime said: “It’s a bit of fun and it gets people to visit different parts of the town.”
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 3 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 4 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 5 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 6 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 When will the Festival of Suffolk torch relay reach Waveney?
- 10 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
And George the dragon, which was voted the winner at this year’s Halesworth Scarecrow Festival, will be sitting outside Edwards Restaurant until Christmas Day, dressed for the occasion in a Santa’s outfit.
It was made by Mrs Prime’s husband Kevin, and comes complete with lights, smoke and a Merry Christmas voice message.