Family treasure trail launched in Halesworth with Christmas theme
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Following the success of this year’s half-term Treasure Trail in Halesworth, the organisers have decided to set up another trail over the Christmas holidays.
The two-week trail launched on Saturday and families need to find the multi-coloured snowmen decorations, each complete with a letter, hanging up in the windows of shops and businesses in the town centre.
Once all the letters have been collected, participants must arrange them into a festive phrase to enter into the prize draw.
The first correct entry pulled out of a hat will win a cash prize of £50, with £25, £15 and £10 for the runners up.
Entry forms cost £1 each and are available from Halesworth Library, Edwards Restaurant and the Angel Hotel. Forms must be returned to either the library or Edwards by January 4, 2017, to be in with a chance of winning.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will go towards the Halesworth Christmas lights.
Organiser Karen Prime said: “It’s a bit of fun and it gets people to visit different parts of the town.”
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 9 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published
And George the dragon, which was voted the winner at this year’s Halesworth Scarecrow Festival, will be sitting outside Edwards Restaurant until Christmas Day, dressed for the occasion in a Santa’s outfit.
It was made by Mrs Prime’s husband Kevin, and comes complete with lights, smoke and a Merry Christmas voice message.