Fancy a pint? Annual beer festival attracts hundreds to Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Beccles has been playing host to hundreds of beer enthusiasts as the town holds its annual three-day beer festival.
Those who like a pint or three began flocking to Beccles Public Hall last night (Friday, November 18), where they were treated to special ales from 26 breweries and cider from four cider makers, all from across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Continuing across Saturday until 11pm and on Sunday from midday to 6pm, the festival is welcoming Waveney’s newest brewery, ‘Bull of the Woods’ from Kirby Cane.
The festival is also offering live music and a selection of hot and cold snacks.
Co-organiser Graham Elliott said: “This is an event that really puts Beccles on the map and benefits the town as a whole.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re limited with space but it’s great to promote Beccles and our fantastic public hall.”
Funds are being raised over the course of the weekend for Beccles lido.
For more information about the Beccles Beer Festival, visit www.becclesbeerfestival.co.uk.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas