Festival gets underway today
IT is all systems go for this year's Gig in the Park at Halesworth that begins this evening and carries on tomorrow and Sunday.More than 40 volunteers have transformed Halesworth's Town Park into a major festival venue for the weekend.
IT is all systems go for this year's Gig in the Park at Halesworth that begins this evening and carries on tomorrow and Sunday.
More than 40 volunteers have transformed Halesworth's Town Park into a major festival venue for the weekend.
Several tonnes of staging and scaffolding have been assembled during construction of the main stage in readiness for the likes of Chas and Dave and Glenn Tilbrook who headline this year.
Well over 700 metres of security fence have had to be assembled, over 40 portaloos sited, and several miles of cable connected in order to make the weekend of the professional standard festival goers have come to expect in Halesworth.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact that we have a skilled volunteer crew, many of whom are experts in the entertainment industry and have worked with numerous household names, gives the Gig a unique vibe and enables us to keep ticket process low and still support local good causes,” said Gig spokesman Andy Graham.
There is a full programme of bands for the three days over three stages, a real ale bar and catering from around the globe.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
Tickets are available on the gate but everyone is being advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment as advance ticket sales have been very encouraging and capacity in the park is limited.
All of the latest gig news is available from www.giginthepark.co.uk