Festival gets underway today
IT is all systems go for this year's Gig in the Park at Halesworth that begins this evening and carries on tomorrow and Sunday.More than 40 volunteers have transformed Halesworth's Town Park into a major festival venue for the weekend.
IT is all systems go for this year's Gig in the Park at Halesworth that begins this evening and carries on tomorrow and Sunday.
More than 40 volunteers have transformed Halesworth's Town Park into a major festival venue for the weekend.
Several tonnes of staging and scaffolding have been assembled during construction of the main stage in readiness for the likes of Chas and Dave and Glenn Tilbrook who headline this year.
Well over 700 metres of security fence have had to be assembled, over 40 portaloos sited, and several miles of cable connected in order to make the weekend of the professional standard festival goers have come to expect in Halesworth.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact that we have a skilled volunteer crew, many of whom are experts in the entertainment industry and have worked with numerous household names, gives the Gig a unique vibe and enables us to keep ticket process low and still support local good causes,” said Gig spokesman Andy Graham.
There is a full programme of bands for the three days over three stages, a real ale bar and catering from around the globe.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 6 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
Tickets are available on the gate but everyone is being advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment as advance ticket sales have been very encouraging and capacity in the park is limited.
All of the latest gig news is available from www.giginthepark.co.uk