Festival promises weekend of summer treats
- Credit: Angela Sharpe
This weekend’s Flavours of Summer food and drink festival promises two days of treats at a new location.
For the first time the event will be held largely undercover at the recently restored Henham Barns on the Henham Park estate near Southwold.
There will be food and drink stalls for visitors to sample products and tickle their taste buds in addition to learning some tricks of the culinary trade at the popular two Anglia Factors Cookery Theatres - one which is aimed at grown-ups and the other for younger members of the public.
St Felix School from Southwold will be taking charge of the Little Cookies Cookery Theatre this year, with teachers and students doing two demonstrations on each of the days.
On Sunday, James Barber, head chef at The Three Blackbirds at Woodditton, near Newmarket, will be demonstrating his popular chocolate mousse dish and getting youngsters involved.
And young chef, 15-year-old Bethany Foster, will be leading a session in the children’s cookery theatre on Saturday, while Andy Storer from The White Hart in Blythburgh, will be demonstrating Swedish cookery techniques on Saturday afternoon.
To keep visitors entertained while sampling the produce, there will be a lively line-up of music and a delicious street food area.
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
Melissa Purnell, event organiser, said: “Several of our food producers are new on the scene, so you’re bound to find something fresh and exciting to try.”
The gates will open at 9.30am and close at 5pm.
For more information, www.flavoursfoodfestivals.co.uk
Are you organising an event? Call 01502 712060.