Festival to showcase Waveney’s best produce
- Credit: Archant
The fantastic food and drink the region has to offer will be in the spotlight next month as local growers, farmers, producers and retailers come together for the Waveney Valley Food and Drink Festival 2015.
Now in its fourth year, the event takes place from October 2 to 11 and is based in and around the market towns of Beccles, Bungay, Diss, Eye, Halesworth, Harleston and Loddon and the surrounding villages.
The local producers will come together with pubs, restaurants and cafes to host their own “foodie” events, from tastings to farm tours, demonstrations, community events, special offers, open days and lots more.
Visitors will have an opportunity to try, buy and learn about products from the area, raising the profile of the Waveney Valley.
Festival chairman Keith Parker said: “The last few years have seen a shift in the way we view our food – food miles, traceability and provenance as well as the importance of shopping locally are now to the forefront for those of us who are passionate to ensure that what we eat and drink is healthy and delicious, whilst at the same time sustaining the economic well-being of this beautiful valley that we are lucky to live in.
You may also want to watch:
“With local producers, growers, restaurants, inns, cafes and food retailers firmly at its heart, the festival aims to showcase the incredible food, drink and hospitality on offer in the Waveney Valley.”
A new flagship event for this year is the Taste of Harleston on October 3, which will include the Harleston Country Kitchen Street Market, showcasing something a little bit different, with cookery books, kitchen equipment, kitchen antiques and arts and crafts along with street performers and street food featuring Waveney Valley produce.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 5 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 6 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 7 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
Further events will take place during the day centred at The Swan Hotel, including the culmination of school-based competitions for pupils and families with tastings, judging and presentation of awards and prizes as well as cookery demonstrations.
Once again, the festival will culminate with a two-day fair at Bungay Castle on October 10 and 11.
The full events programme is available at www.visitwaveneyvalley.co.uk/food-drink/waveney-valley-food-drink-festival-2015/
Are you hosting an event which celebrates the local area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org