Festive lights will come alive in Bungay and Halesworth
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Bungay’s Chamber of Trade has organised a superb day’s entertainment for Saturday, November 29, which includes the official switch-on of the town’s lights.
At 3.45pm, Breckland Brass Band will be presenting a concert in the churchyard of St Mary’s Church.
Between 4.30-4.40pm, the Christmas Star and town lights will be switched on, and from 5.15-6pm Breckland Brass Band will perform a second concert inside the church.
Also on Saturday, November 29, the lights are being switched on at Halesworth.
There will be plenty of attractions and stalls in the town’s Thoroughfare and Market Place from 4.15-8pm. The Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums will lead the parade and St Mary’s Church will be decorated. Live bands will be playing in the Market Place and there will be an outside bar.
You may also want to watch:
The following weekend, it is the turn of the residents, shopkeepers and business owners of Loddon to get into the Christmas spirit.
On Friday, December 5, the Victorian Christmas evening sees shop staff dressed up and the whole community comes together to make it special, with visitors given a warm welcome.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day