Festive lights will come alive in Bungay and Halesworth
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Bungay’s Chamber of Trade has organised a superb day’s entertainment for Saturday, November 29, which includes the official switch-on of the town’s lights.
At 3.45pm, Breckland Brass Band will be presenting a concert in the churchyard of St Mary’s Church.
Between 4.30-4.40pm, the Christmas Star and town lights will be switched on, and from 5.15-6pm Breckland Brass Band will perform a second concert inside the church.
Also on Saturday, November 29, the lights are being switched on at Halesworth.
There will be plenty of attractions and stalls in the town’s Thoroughfare and Market Place from 4.15-8pm. The Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums will lead the parade and St Mary’s Church will be decorated. Live bands will be playing in the Market Place and there will be an outside bar.
You may also want to watch:
The following weekend, it is the turn of the residents, shopkeepers and business owners of Loddon to get into the Christmas spirit.
On Friday, December 5, the Victorian Christmas evening sees shop staff dressed up and the whole community comes together to make it special, with visitors given a warm welcome.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 6 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences