Festive lights will come alive in Bungay and Halesworth
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Bungay’s Chamber of Trade has organised a superb day’s entertainment for Saturday, November 29, which includes the official switch-on of the town’s lights.
At 3.45pm, Breckland Brass Band will be presenting a concert in the churchyard of St Mary’s Church.
Between 4.30-4.40pm, the Christmas Star and town lights will be switched on, and from 5.15-6pm Breckland Brass Band will perform a second concert inside the church.
Also on Saturday, November 29, the lights are being switched on at Halesworth.
There will be plenty of attractions and stalls in the town’s Thoroughfare and Market Place from 4.15-8pm. The Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums will lead the parade and St Mary’s Church will be decorated. Live bands will be playing in the Market Place and there will be an outside bar.
You may also want to watch:
The following weekend, it is the turn of the residents, shopkeepers and business owners of Loddon to get into the Christmas spirit.
On Friday, December 5, the Victorian Christmas evening sees shop staff dressed up and the whole community comes together to make it special, with visitors given a warm welcome.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham