Final push in charity drive to replace decrepit toilet block at Beccles Lido
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A quiz is set to be held to help boost a fundraising campaign to improve the facilities at Beccles Lido.
With the lido team launching an appeal earlier this year to raise funds towards a replacement toilet block at Beccles’ outdoor swimming pool, a quiz is being organised for December.
The quiz, entitled ‘A Little Light Relief,’ will be held on Saturday, December 2nd at The Ringsfield Horseshoes in Ringsfield, with entrants asked to arrive at 6.30pm for 7pm start.
With food provided on the night, there will be prizes and a raffle. Tickets cost £5 each. Organiser Bryony Seppings said: “The reason I am taking the time and effort to do this is I think what’s going on down at the lido is so good for the town.
“We love Beccles and to have one of the few open air pools left in the country is great news for the town, and I just want to help towards getting the lido what they need for the new season.”
You may also want to watch:
The portacabin toilet facilities currently in use at the lido were installed in 1995. They are old, increasingly decrepit, expensive and time consuming to maintain.
With the help of local charitable grants the lido team have planning permission for a modern, fit for purpose new toilet and changing block. They need to raise £110,000 as soon as possible in order to purchase and install the new facilities in time for the start of 2018 summer season.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 10 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash