Search

Electrical fault sparks fire at factory

PUBLISHED: 17:43 01 October 2018 | UPDATED: 17:45 01 October 2018

Bungay book printers, Clays Ltd.
PHOTO: Nick Butcher

Bungay book printers, Clays Ltd. PHOTO: Nick Butcher

©archant2017

A small fire broke out at a Bungay printers due to a suspected electrical fault in a paper folding machine.

Firefighters were to called to Clays Ltd in Popson Street at 4.20am this morning (Monday, October 1) after smoke was seen coming from the printing room.

A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said a small fire in a paper folding machine had caused the printing room to fill with smoke.

He added: “Two engines from Bungay and Beccles attended and used extinguishers to put out the fire.

“It looked like an electrical fault from one of the machines and firefighters then isolated the electrics to the machine.”

There were no workers on site at the time of the fire and fire crews called a time of stop at 6.41am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Beccles and Bungay Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Beccles and Bungay Journal