Electrical fault sparks fire at factory
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A small fire broke out at a Bungay printers due to a suspected electrical fault in a paper folding machine.
Firefighters were to called to Clays Ltd in Popson Street at 4.20am this morning (Monday, October 1) after smoke was seen coming from the printing room.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said a small fire in a paper folding machine had caused the printing room to fill with smoke.
He added: “Two engines from Bungay and Beccles attended and used extinguishers to put out the fire.
“It looked like an electrical fault from one of the machines and firefighters then isolated the electrics to the machine.”
You may also want to watch:
There were no workers on site at the time of the fire and fire crews called a time of stop at 6.41am.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?