Fire being treated as arson
A FIRE that destroyed a car in Bungay on Monday is being treated as arson, police said.Fire fighters were called to the blaze on St Margaret's Road at about 10.
A FIRE that destroyed a car in Bungay on Monday is being treated as arson, police said.
Fire fighters were called to the blaze on St Margaret's Road at about 10.15pm and took twenty minutes extinguish it.
The red Fiat Punto had been left at the side of the road because it had a flat tyre. Police are still trying to find out how the fire began but are treating it as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: “If anyone was in the area or saw anyone suspicious in the area between 9.30pm and 10.15pm, we would like them to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call PC Chris Sadler on 01986 835300.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk