Fire crews rescue horse stuck in muddy ditch
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to Bramfield, near Halesworth, to rescue a horse stuck in a ditch.
Fire crews were alerted at 8.18am this morning to the incident in Edwards Lane where a horse was reported to be on its side stuck in mud.
Three crews - one from Halesworth and two from Lowestoft South - were sent to the scene, including a unimog to provide lifting equipment.
A vet was also called to sedate the horse at the scene.
Specialist equipment was used to help with the rescue and the horse was removed from the ditch by 10.19am.
You may also want to watch:
It was left in the care of the vet and its owner.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Multi-million pound river barrier to protect Broads being considered
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown