Fire crews rescue horse stuck in muddy ditch
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to Bramfield, near Halesworth, to rescue a horse stuck in a ditch.
Fire crews were alerted at 8.18am this morning to the incident in Edwards Lane where a horse was reported to be on its side stuck in mud.
Three crews - one from Halesworth and two from Lowestoft South - were sent to the scene, including a unimog to provide lifting equipment.
A vet was also called to sedate the horse at the scene.
Specialist equipment was used to help with the rescue and the horse was removed from the ditch by 10.19am.
You may also want to watch:
It was left in the care of the vet and its owner.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Tributes to much-loved mother who 'cared for everyone'
- 3 Former soldier jailed after pointing fake gun at ex-partner
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 5 More walk-in Covid vaccine appointments offered at town pharmacy
- 6 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 7 Latitude decision will be made by end of the week, boss says
- 8 Two-car crash on A12 causes delays
- 9 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 10 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy