Search

Fire destroys Beccles chimney

PUBLISHED: 09:42 15 March 2011 | UPDATED: 09:44 15 March 2011

A fire has broken out in Halesworth Market Place

A fire has broken out in Halesworth Market Place

Archant

A chimney was destroyed by fire at a home in Beccles.

Firefighters from the town were called to a property in Ellough Road at about 8.20pm yesterday. The chimney was well alight when they arrived and the crew used a short ladder to tackle the flames.

Using one hose, they were able to bring the blaze under control by 9pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Beccles and Bungay Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Beccles and Bungay Journal