Fire rips through caravan in Bungay

Fire which ripped through a caravan caused damaged to an electrical sub station in Bungay last night.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Beccles and Bungay were called to Hillside Road West at 10.39pm on Saturday where a parked caravan was well alight. Firefighters use hose reels and dry power to extinguish the blaze that had started to spread to fencing around an adjacent electrical sub station.

UK Power was called to check the electrical equipment and found no damage.

The fire was out by 11.30pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter