Fire service tackle uncontrolled rubbish blaze in town centre
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service responded to a report of ‘uncontrolled burning rubbish’ in the centre of Beccles yesterday evening.
One fire appliance from Beccles attended the scene at Ingate for just under an hour to put out the fire.
Emergency services were called at 4.54pm on September 23, and had put out the blaze by 5.46pm.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "We responded to a report of an uncontrolled burning of rubbish, and were on site for just under an hour. We sent one vehicle to extinguish the fire."
A Suffolk Constabulary Spokesperson said: "We were called at 5.50pm to a report of a fire. Rubbish had been deliberately set alight but there was no other damage caused."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police quoting crime reference number 289 of yesterday's date.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers