Firefighters battle bungalow blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a derelict bungalow at Beccles early today.Crews from Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft were called to the building in Cucumber Lane just after 1.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a derelict bungalow at Beccles early today.
Crews from Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft were called to the building in Cucumber Lane just after 1.30am and arrived to find it well alight. They used jets and hose-reels to bring it under control.
A Suffolk Fire service spokesman said this morning that crews would return to the scene at 1pm today to re-inspect the building.
It was still too early to pinpoint what caused the fire, he said.
You may also want to watch:
The bungalow is believed to have been empty for some time and no-one was injured.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published