Firefighters battle bungalow blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a derelict bungalow at Beccles early today.Crews from Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft were called to the building in Cucumber Lane just after 1.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a derelict bungalow at Beccles early today.
Crews from Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft were called to the building in Cucumber Lane just after 1.30am and arrived to find it well alight. They used jets and hose-reels to bring it under control.
A Suffolk Fire service spokesman said this morning that crews would return to the scene at 1pm today to re-inspect the building.
It was still too early to pinpoint what caused the fire, he said.
You may also want to watch:
The bungalow is believed to have been empty for some time and no-one was injured.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 9 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash