Firefighters battle bungalow blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a derelict bungalow at Beccles early today.Crews from Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft were called to the building in Cucumber Lane just after 1.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a derelict bungalow at Beccles early today.
Crews from Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft were called to the building in Cucumber Lane just after 1.30am and arrived to find it well alight. They used jets and hose-reels to bring it under control.
A Suffolk Fire service spokesman said this morning that crews would return to the scene at 1pm today to re-inspect the building.
It was still too early to pinpoint what caused the fire, he said.
You may also want to watch:
The bungalow is believed to have been empty for some time and no-one was injured.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk