Fisher Theatre highlights
JAZZ vocalist Sally Voakes brings her quartet to the Fisher Theatre at Bungay tomorrow for a concert at 7.30pm.She is joined by guitarist Keith Krykant, trumpeter Daniel Friend and percussionist Lee Crisp for a session which will include a fresh approach to standards.
JAZZ vocalist Sally Voakes brings her quartet to the Fisher Theatre at Bungay tomorrow for a concert at 7.30pm.
She is joined by guitarist Keith Krykant, trumpeter Daniel Friend and percussionist Lee Crisp for a session which will include a fresh approach to standards.
Their unusual line-up of nylon strung guitar and Latin percussion forming the main rhythm section, complimented by the warm, breathy tones of trumpet and voice at the front end, provides a great balance of instruments which are perfect for the Latin rhythms and sexy bossa novas which the quartet feature.
Their repertoire also includes moody ballads, swing, blues, flamenco, Arabic and classical influences, as well as their own compositions.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £7 (£6 concessions).
Next Friday features the Sounds of the 60s in the cellar bar, starting at 7.30pm. And Saturday, August 2, brings the Nutmeg Theatre for a 2pm matinee with The Rubbish Monster (tickets £5). In the evening there is an evening of The Magical Music of Disney, with the songs from the Disney classics, at 7.30pm (tickets £8, concessions £7).
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
The film on Monday is Carmen Jones, Otto Preminger's 1954 film. On Wednesday at 2.30pm and Thursday at 7.30pm it is Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (18)., starring Johnny Depp and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Tickets for all events at the theatre are available through the box office on 01986 897130, or the website: www.fishertheatre.org