Flower club donates funds to air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £645 has been presented to the East Anglian Air Ambulance by members of Loddon Flower Club.
During their meeting on November 7, chairman Margaret Turner presented the funds to Jackie Greenfield, a representative from the charity.
The money was raised by members of the club from a coffee morning, raffles and events throughout the last year. Their chosen charity for next year will be Parkinson’s UK.
At the same meeting, the club welcomed Mu from Bungay Flower Club who demonstrated her interpretation of “Where’s That Going to Go?” with flowers.
Loddon Flower Club’s next event will be an open meeting on December 5 when Lee Berrill will be demonstrating with his title “Deck the Halls”. There will be stalls, refreshments, a tombola and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £12 and the doors will be open from 6.45pm with the demonstration starting at 7.30pm, at Hobart High School in Kittens Lane, Loddon.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated