Fond memories of Bungay company for Nursey’s model
- Credit: Archant
A woman has spoken of her fond memories of working as a model for Nursey’s of Bungay.
Frances Crickmore was a hairdresser in the town when she was approached by owner Burton Nursey to exhibit the company’s sheepskin coats and leathers during the 1970s.
The mother of three modelled for the company for more than five years until she had her children and still owns and wears a coat that she purchased 40 years ago.
She said: “I used to do some modelling for a local photographer and Mr Nursey heard about me through him. The pictures were taken at different locations around Bungay and in front of public houses. I also had my picture up in Jarrolds in Norwich.
“I did find it really exciting and it gave me alot of confidence as I was only in my 20s at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“I liked modelling for the catalogues and Mr Nursey used to give me a bit off my coats and some pay for it. Everybody used to have a Nursey coat, they were so popular. I wore mine all the time.”
Mrs Crickmore, who is now 64, now takes a keen interest in photography herself.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
Nursey and Son closed for the final time last weekend after a reduction in profit over the past five years and lack of interest from a buyer.
It was one of Bungay’s most enduring shops and was responsible for creating Del Boy Trotter’s famous sheepskin coat he wore in Only Fools And Horses.