Former Beccles pupil goes back to the classroom to read her book to children
- Credit: Archant
A north Suffolk author has returned to her former school to launch her new book.
Author Gracie Wright, from Reydon, returned to the village and to Southwold so she could read her book Silly Eric to children.
The former pupil of Sir John Leman High School, Beccles, has self-published the colourful picture book which is now on sale in a number of independent book stores across the county including The Book Shop in Beccles and Wells Book Shop in Southwold.
The author worked with illustrator Emily Coxhead to tell the story of a lovable little boy, who gets things upside-down and inside-out.
She is currently taking the book of a tour of nurseries and primary schools in the region, reading to children.
You may also want to watch:
She has already visited Brambles, the nursery school for Reydon Primary School, where she was once a pupil, and Rosebuds Primary School in Southwold.
There are also a number of competitions and give-aways being organised too.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 10 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
Five per cent of all profits from the sale of the book goes to the charity U2U World, which is building homes for orphans and a hospital for the community on the island of La Gonave in Haiti.
The book is also available to purchase from Jarrold’s Department Store in Norwich, and at www.amazon.co.uk
For more information on the book visit www.facebook.com/sillyericbook