Former Beccles pupil goes back to the classroom to read her book to children
- Credit: Archant
A north Suffolk author has returned to her former school to launch her new book.
Author Gracie Wright, from Reydon, returned to the village and to Southwold so she could read her book Silly Eric to children.
The former pupil of Sir John Leman High School, Beccles, has self-published the colourful picture book which is now on sale in a number of independent book stores across the county including The Book Shop in Beccles and Wells Book Shop in Southwold.
The author worked with illustrator Emily Coxhead to tell the story of a lovable little boy, who gets things upside-down and inside-out.
She is currently taking the book of a tour of nurseries and primary schools in the region, reading to children.
You may also want to watch:
She has already visited Brambles, the nursery school for Reydon Primary School, where she was once a pupil, and Rosebuds Primary School in Southwold.
There are also a number of competitions and give-aways being organised too.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
Five per cent of all profits from the sale of the book goes to the charity U2U World, which is building homes for orphans and a hospital for the community on the island of La Gonave in Haiti.
The book is also available to purchase from Jarrold’s Department Store in Norwich, and at www.amazon.co.uk
For more information on the book visit www.facebook.com/sillyericbook