Former Beccles pupils enjoy a reunion after 60 years
- Credit: Archant
Forty ex-pupils of Sir John Leman High School in Beccles have been reunited after 60 years.
Organisers Margaret Key and Maureen Larkin traced all the participants who began their studies there in 1954 and people travelled from Windsor, Leighton Buzzard, Southsea and Somerset to attend the get together at the Gillingham Swan
Mrs Larkin said: “It was particularly pleasing that three members of staff from those days – Pam Ford, Douglas Montacute and Ernest Hope were there to share the memories.
“After a delicious and relaxing lunch, everyone was able to chat and catch up and look at photos and memorabilia from school, including sketches and a letter from cartoonist Tony Hall, another ex-pupil,who was unable to be there.”
Later in the afternoon, some of the group visited Beccles Museum to view the 100 Years of Education in Beccles exhibition, in which Sir John Leman School figures prominently.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Larkin added: “Everybody agreed that this had been a wonderful reunion, where many old friendships were rekindled, and it is hoped that we can all meet again at future such occasions.”
If you were a pupil at Sir John Leman School many years ago and you would like to be included in any future reunions call Maureen Larkin (Fairhead) on 01508 528485, email email@example.com or call Margaret Key (Butler) on 01508 520815.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles