Former Beccles pupils enjoy a reunion after 60 years
- Credit: Archant
Forty ex-pupils of Sir John Leman High School in Beccles have been reunited after 60 years.
Organisers Margaret Key and Maureen Larkin traced all the participants who began their studies there in 1954 and people travelled from Windsor, Leighton Buzzard, Southsea and Somerset to attend the get together at the Gillingham Swan
Mrs Larkin said: “It was particularly pleasing that three members of staff from those days – Pam Ford, Douglas Montacute and Ernest Hope were there to share the memories.
“After a delicious and relaxing lunch, everyone was able to chat and catch up and look at photos and memorabilia from school, including sketches and a letter from cartoonist Tony Hall, another ex-pupil,who was unable to be there.”
Later in the afternoon, some of the group visited Beccles Museum to view the 100 Years of Education in Beccles exhibition, in which Sir John Leman School figures prominently.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Larkin added: “Everybody agreed that this had been a wonderful reunion, where many old friendships were rekindled, and it is hoped that we can all meet again at future such occasions.”
If you were a pupil at Sir John Leman School many years ago and you would like to be included in any future reunions call Maureen Larkin (Fairhead) on 01508 528485, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Margaret Key (Butler) on 01508 520815.
- 1 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 4 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 5 Village pub opens brand new café
- 6 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 7 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay