Former headteacher was struck by train
A FORMER Loddon headteacher found dead near train tracks died after being struck by a train, a post mortem revealed. The result of the study came soon after the victim, was revealed as Paul Powell, once head of Loddon Junior School, who had been arrested on suspicion of seriously sexually assaulting a child.
A FORMER Loddon school head whose body was found close to railway tracks died after being struck by a train, it emerged this week.
Details of the post-mortem examination came soon after the victim was confirmed as Paul Powell, pictured right, once head of Loddon Junior School, who had been arrested on suspicion of seriously sexually assaulting a child.
He had left his school post after an investigation into a complaint made against him.
Railway workers discovered the body of Mr Powell, 45, close to tracks behind the old livestock market in Norwich on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Police had been searching for him since officers went to his boat home at Oulton Broad after concerns were raised for his safety.
He had not been seen since Tuesday, May 5, and extensive searches of the waterways around Lake Lothing and the banks of the river from Oulton Broad to the sea had failed to trace him. When his death was made known, the present head expressed shock at the news.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
Mr Powell was arrested in February.
A Norfolk police spokeswoman confirmed: "A 45-year-old man from the Lowestoft area was arrested on suspicion of a serious sexual