Former headteacher was struck by train
A FORMER Loddon headteacher found dead near train tracks died after being struck by a train, a post mortem revealed. The result of the study came soon after the victim, was revealed as Paul Powell, once head of Loddon Junior School, who had been arrested on suspicion of seriously sexually assaulting a child.
A FORMER Loddon school head whose body was found close to railway tracks died after being struck by a train, it emerged this week.
Details of the post-mortem examination came soon after the victim was confirmed as Paul Powell, pictured right, once head of Loddon Junior School, who had been arrested on suspicion of seriously sexually assaulting a child.
He had left his school post after an investigation into a complaint made against him.
Railway workers discovered the body of Mr Powell, 45, close to tracks behind the old livestock market in Norwich on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Police had been searching for him since officers went to his boat home at Oulton Broad after concerns were raised for his safety.
He had not been seen since Tuesday, May 5, and extensive searches of the waterways around Lake Lothing and the banks of the river from Oulton Broad to the sea had failed to trace him. When his death was made known, the present head expressed shock at the news.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 3 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 6 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 8 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 9 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 10 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
Mr Powell was arrested in February.
A Norfolk police spokeswoman confirmed: "A 45-year-old man from the Lowestoft area was arrested on suspicion of a serious sexual