Former headteacher was struck by train
A FORMER Loddon headteacher found dead near train tracks died after being struck by a train, a post mortem revealed. The result of the study came soon after the victim, was revealed as Paul Powell, once head of Loddon Junior School, who had been arrested on suspicion of seriously sexually assaulting a child.
A FORMER Loddon school head whose body was found close to railway tracks died after being struck by a train, it emerged this week.
Details of the post-mortem examination came soon after the victim was confirmed as Paul Powell, pictured right, once head of Loddon Junior School, who had been arrested on suspicion of seriously sexually assaulting a child.
He had left his school post after an investigation into a complaint made against him.
Railway workers discovered the body of Mr Powell, 45, close to tracks behind the old livestock market in Norwich on Saturday.
Police had been searching for him since officers went to his boat home at Oulton Broad after concerns were raised for his safety.
He had not been seen since Tuesday, May 5, and extensive searches of the waterways around Lake Lothing and the banks of the river from Oulton Broad to the sea had failed to trace him. When his death was made known, the present head expressed shock at the news.
- 1 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 2 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 3 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
Mr Powell was arrested in February.
A Norfolk police spokeswoman confirmed: "A 45-year-old man from the Lowestoft area was arrested on suspicion of a serious sexual