Former Norwich City stars to play in care farm’s first charity match
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The Friends of Clinks Care Farm are holding their first ever charity football match to raise funds for new facilities.
The match will be held on Saturday, May 5, at Bungay Town Football Club’s ground at the Maltings in Ditchingham, with gates opening at noon for the match to start at 1pm.
Players from Clinks Care Farm in Toft Monks will be joined by former Norwich City players including Adrian Forbes, Darren Kenton, Matt Gill and more to be confirmed.
There will be a barbecue with Clinks sausages and burgers and an opportunity to take penalty kicks against the former Norwich players.
The afternoon will be finished off with a charity auction including a signed Norwich City shirt.
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised will help to improve the facilities at the farm.
Admission will cost £3 for adults and £1 for children under 12 years on the gate.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
The event is being sponsored by Musker McIntyre estate agents and the Waveney River Centre