Former shopowner back behind the wheel
A WELL-known Beccles shop owner has shunned retirement in favour of opening up a business again a few feet from his last.Graham Smith owned Beccles Car Shop in Blyburgate for 17 years before he sold it in 2005.
A WELL-known Beccles shop owner has shunned retirement in favour of opening up a business again a few feet from his last.
Graham Smith owned Beccles Car Shop in Blyburgate for 17 years before he sold it in 2005.
But after the closure of Motorworld in the town centre and his former business, which was bought by another owner and closed recently, Mr Smith decided to get back at the wheel by opening a shop in new premises.
The Car Shop is opening at what used to be Computer Island further down Blyburgate tomorrow and already Mr Smith, 57, has been inundated with visits from some of his old customers while he has been renovating the shop.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I missed meeting the people, that side of it. I'm really looking forward to it. I really enjoyed putting all the shelves up and all the stock out and I've seen lots of old customers and old faces.
“The first time round it got too much for me. I was a bit silly really as I probably should have employed some-one to help. This time I'm employing someone one week on, one week off.”
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The Car Shop will stock everything from car batteries to screen wash, windscreen wipers to brake pads and Mr Smith will be receiving up to four deliveries a day, meaning that something could be ordered in the morning and arrive a few hours later.