Formula One supported faces at Ellough
A KARTING championship supported by Formula One looks set to move Ellough Park Raceway up another gear.The race circuit has been selected to host the last round of the Formula Kart Stars season, a prestigious competition for young racers that will be televised on Sky Sports and TV Motors.
A KARTING championship supported by Formula One looks set to move Ellough Park Raceway up another gear.
The race circuit has been selected to host the last round of the Formula Kart Stars season, a prestigious competition for young racers that will be televised on Sky Sports and TV Motors.
It is the biggest event the raceway has ever hosted, and the circuit is being extended by 82 metres to host the event.
More than 400 people are expected to visit Ellough Raceway for the event, which will take place from October 14-17, and a new toilet and shower block is being constructed to cater for them.
You may also want to watch:
A new hard-standing area is also being made in preparation for the races.
“It's such a huge honour to have it,” said Sian Curtis, corporate manager and race secretary at Ellough Park Raceway. “It's just incredible for a little Beccles circuit, it's absolutely barmy!
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 8 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 9 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
“It's one of these things we've always planned to do. We have to do it to be one of the top three in the country. It's definitely putting us on the map.”
Formula Kart Stars is a British junior karting championship, which provides a path for young drivers, from eight-years upwards, who are interested in pursuing a career in motorsport.
Races take place all over Britain, at prestigious venues such as Buckmore Park in Kent and Lincoln, and there will also be a race overseas at Genk in Belgium.
The competition is endorsed by Formula One stars such as Bernie Ecclestone and Lewis Hamilton, who see it as a good route into Formula One racing.
Kart drivers will get the chance to try out the new track at a regulated MSA round next Saturday and Sunday, February 27 and 28. For more information, telephone Ellough Park Raceway on 01502 717718.