Four arrests after police break up rave
Hayley Mace Three men and a woman were arrested this morning after police stopped an illegal rave near Loddon.Police officers and trained dogs raided the site at Sisland Carr, just off the A146 Lowestoft to Norwich road near Loddon, at 10.
Three men and a woman were arrested this morning after police stopped an illegal rave near Loddon.
Police officers and trained dogs raided the site at Sisland Carr, just off the A146 Lowestoft to Norwich road near Loddon, at 10.30am after nearly 200 party-goers gathered overnight.
The four people arrested on suspicion of organising a rave remain in police custody. A large quantity of music and sound equipment and a number of cars were seized, and a spokesman for Norfolk police said that evidence gathered at the site will be used to take future action against others who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Joe Parrett from Norfolk police said: “This morning's action reinforces Norfolk Constabulary's zero-tolerance towards raves and unlicensed musical events, which disrupt the peace and quiet of our local communities.
“As with any police operation, this was a carefully planned event and resources were drawn in from a wide area. It was executed without major incident and the majority of people left peacefully.”
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay