Four arrests after police break up rave
Hayley Mace Three men and a woman were arrested this morning after police stopped an illegal rave near Loddon.Police officers and trained dogs raided the site at Sisland Carr, just off the A146 Lowestoft to Norwich road near Loddon, at 10.
Three men and a woman were arrested this morning after police stopped an illegal rave near Loddon.
Police officers and trained dogs raided the site at Sisland Carr, just off the A146 Lowestoft to Norwich road near Loddon, at 10.30am after nearly 200 party-goers gathered overnight.
The four people arrested on suspicion of organising a rave remain in police custody. A large quantity of music and sound equipment and a number of cars were seized, and a spokesman for Norfolk police said that evidence gathered at the site will be used to take future action against others who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Joe Parrett from Norfolk police said: “This morning's action reinforces Norfolk Constabulary's zero-tolerance towards raves and unlicensed musical events, which disrupt the peace and quiet of our local communities.
“As with any police operation, this was a carefully planned event and resources were drawn in from a wide area. It was executed without major incident and the majority of people left peacefully.”
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months