Four people arrested in raid on rave
FOUR people were arrested yesterday when police closed down an illegal rave near Loddon.While thousands of people were flocking to Norfolk Constabulary's annual Gala Day in Norwich, it was business as usual for officers who disrupted the rave which had attracted 200 party-goers overnight.
FOUR people were arrested on Sunday when police closed down an illegal rave near Loddon.
While thousands of people were flocking to Norfolk Constabulary's annual Gala Day in Norwich, it was business as usual for officers who disrupted the rave which had attracted 200 party-goers overnight.
Public order-trained officers and police dog units converged on the Sisland Carr area at 10.30am.
Three men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the organisation of a rave. Music and sound equipment was confiscated and vehicles were seized. Evidence gathered during the operation will be used to take action against others who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Jo Parrett, who led the operation, said: “This action reinforces Norfolk Constabulary's zero-tolerance approach towards raves and unlicensed musical events which disrupt the peace and quiet of our local communities.
“As with any police operation, this was carefully planned and resources drawn from a wide area but I am pleased to say that it was executed without major incident and the majority of people left voluntarily.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider