Fresh new look for Ditchingham nursery room
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Ditchingham Day Nursery has been given a fresh new look thanks to a £5,000 grant from Norfolk County Council.
The nursery’s owl room, which is designed for children aged three to five, has been given a new floor and cleaning facilities - fitted at a lower height for the children to allow them to be more hands on.
The room was officially opened on Tuesday attended by children and their parents and was decorated by a group of volunteers from Aviva’s Norwich offices.
Sharon Matthews, director of operations for The Benjamin Foundation, the charity which runs the nursery, said: “The whole room is completely refreshed and it looks amazing.
“It is a much more suitable environment for the children to take the next steps towards learning to get them ready for school.
You may also want to watch:
“They have reacted to it so well and have been playing really nicely.
“It is much more stimulating for them and it is also a lovely environment for staff to work in.”
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 8 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
Ditchingham Day Nursery, on Belsey Bridge Road, provides care for children from three months to five years and is open 50 weeks a year.
The nursery is part of The Benjamin Foundation - a Norfolk charity that helps thousands of vulnerable children, young people and families across the county each year.
There are currently places available at the nursery. For more details call 01986 895091.