Friends for the past 60 years get together for special lunch
- Credit: Archant
A group of ladies who met at school 60 years ago have enjoyed a celebratory meal.
The women all attended Loddon Secondary School together and were first introduced in September 1954.
They have remained in contact ever since and meet twice a year, which they have been doing for the past 20 years.
During the most recent meeting at the George and Dragon in Thurton the group marked six decades of friendship with a special lunch.
“We decided to keep in touch and support each other through all life’s ups and downs, of which there have been a few, and we have remained friends throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“No boys from school days have yet been invited, although a few have been in touch.
”We had enough of them at school”, said one of the ladies attending the reunion.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 6 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
These ladies always laugh a lot and drink to absent friends - especially to one best friend missing since last year. Next meeting is in March 2015 - same place, same time.