Friends for the past 60 years get together for special lunch
- Credit: Archant
A group of ladies who met at school 60 years ago have enjoyed a celebratory meal.
The women all attended Loddon Secondary School together and were first introduced in September 1954.
They have remained in contact ever since and meet twice a year, which they have been doing for the past 20 years.
During the most recent meeting at the George and Dragon in Thurton the group marked six decades of friendship with a special lunch.
“We decided to keep in touch and support each other through all life’s ups and downs, of which there have been a few, and we have remained friends throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“No boys from school days have yet been invited, although a few have been in touch.
”We had enough of them at school”, said one of the ladies attending the reunion.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 1960s music night to raise hospital funds
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Damaged opiate vials at hospital 'likely a manufacturing fault'
These ladies always laugh a lot and drink to absent friends - especially to one best friend missing since last year. Next meeting is in March 2015 - same place, same time.