Friends for the past 60 years get together for special lunch
- Credit: Archant
A group of ladies who met at school 60 years ago have enjoyed a celebratory meal.
The women all attended Loddon Secondary School together and were first introduced in September 1954.
They have remained in contact ever since and meet twice a year, which they have been doing for the past 20 years.
During the most recent meeting at the George and Dragon in Thurton the group marked six decades of friendship with a special lunch.
“We decided to keep in touch and support each other through all life’s ups and downs, of which there have been a few, and we have remained friends throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“No boys from school days have yet been invited, although a few have been in touch.
”We had enough of them at school”, said one of the ladies attending the reunion.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 8 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
These ladies always laugh a lot and drink to absent friends - especially to one best friend missing since last year. Next meeting is in March 2015 - same place, same time.