Friends reunite nearly 70 years after leaving Beccles school
- Credit: Archant
A gang of old Beccles school chums recently rekindled their relationships at a reunion staged 70 years after leaving their alma mater.
Six former pupils of Sir John Leman Grammar High School, in Ringsfield Road, attended the gathering.
Staged at the Sir Alfred Munnings Hotel, in Mendham, Neil Howell, David Reed, John Hobbs, Eric Bacon, Rosemary Mason and John Self held a much-needed catch-up.
Mr Howell said:“It’s nice to all get together and talk about old times and how things have changed since leaving school.”
Now all in their 80s and with a combined age of over 500 there are plans to come together once again.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We discussed the possibility of another reunion next year. If we are all fit enough I’m sure it will happen.
“I have very fond memories of my time at the school. The say the time you spend at school is the happiest of your life.”
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 10 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason