Friends reunite nearly 70 years after leaving Beccles school
- Credit: Archant
A gang of old Beccles school chums recently rekindled their relationships at a reunion staged 70 years after leaving their alma mater.
Six former pupils of Sir John Leman Grammar High School, in Ringsfield Road, attended the gathering.
Staged at the Sir Alfred Munnings Hotel, in Mendham, Neil Howell, David Reed, John Hobbs, Eric Bacon, Rosemary Mason and John Self held a much-needed catch-up.
Mr Howell said:“It’s nice to all get together and talk about old times and how things have changed since leaving school.”
Now all in their 80s and with a combined age of over 500 there are plans to come together once again.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We discussed the possibility of another reunion next year. If we are all fit enough I’m sure it will happen.
“I have very fond memories of my time at the school. The say the time you spend at school is the happiest of your life.”
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 3 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 9 Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school
- 10 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay