Friends reunite nearly 70 years after leaving Beccles school
- Credit: Archant
A gang of old Beccles school chums recently rekindled their relationships at a reunion staged 70 years after leaving their alma mater.
Six former pupils of Sir John Leman Grammar High School, in Ringsfield Road, attended the gathering.
Staged at the Sir Alfred Munnings Hotel, in Mendham, Neil Howell, David Reed, John Hobbs, Eric Bacon, Rosemary Mason and John Self held a much-needed catch-up.
Mr Howell said:“It’s nice to all get together and talk about old times and how things have changed since leaving school.”
Now all in their 80s and with a combined age of over 500 there are plans to come together once again.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We discussed the possibility of another reunion next year. If we are all fit enough I’m sure it will happen.
“I have very fond memories of my time at the school. The say the time you spend at school is the happiest of your life.”
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham