Fundraiser to visit postcard fair to continue 37 years of philanthropy
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man who has fundraised for 37 years is to raise more money at by selling postcards at an event in Norwich.
Michael Porter, now in his 80s, lives in Worlingham, will be raising money for the Norfolk Deaf Children’s Society at the Lee Marchant Postcard Fair in Norwich on Saturday, September 22.
The event will showcase postcards, cigarette cards, stamps, trade cards and much more between 10pm to 4pm in St Andrews Hall.
Mr Porter has been selling postcards with his wife Sylvia for nearly 40 years, and vowed to continue collecting and selling cards for as long as he can despite losing his dear wife Sylvia two years ago.
If you have any postcards, old or new, call Michael on 01502 714352 and he may be able to collect them and use them to raise further money for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a story for the Beccles and Bungay Journal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the details.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles