Fundraiser to visit postcard fair to continue 37 years of philanthropy
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man who has fundraised for 37 years is to raise more money at by selling postcards at an event in Norwich.
Michael Porter, now in his 80s, lives in Worlingham, will be raising money for the Norfolk Deaf Children’s Society at the Lee Marchant Postcard Fair in Norwich on Saturday, September 22.
The event will showcase postcards, cigarette cards, stamps, trade cards and much more between 10pm to 4pm in St Andrews Hall.
Mr Porter has been selling postcards with his wife Sylvia for nearly 40 years, and vowed to continue collecting and selling cards for as long as he can despite losing his dear wife Sylvia two years ago.
If you have any postcards, old or new, call Michael on 01502 714352 and he may be able to collect them and use them to raise further money for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a story for the Beccles and Bungay Journal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the details.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?