Funds needed for mobile treatment unit in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Fundraising is continuing for the refit of a St John Ambulance mobile unit which will be based at the Bungay unit.
The refurbished ambulance, will feature two principal sections – a mobile treatment centre where first aid can be delivered to patients, and a
seated area for the transport of volunteers to and from events.
The new unit is expected to come into service this month.
The refurbishment has been achieved through funds raised locally from a range of sources. The latest fundraising effort, the annual Sabberton Cup Quiz, takes place on Thursday from 7pm at the St John Ambulance Centre in Blyburgate Hall in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
Teams of up to four are welcome at a cost of £2.50 per person.
Proceeds from the evening will go to the mobile treatment centre.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
Tony Curd, St John Ambulance district manager with responsibility for units in Suffolk, said: “The new mobile treatment centre will be a superb asset for the charity in the Bungay area. The refurbishment has really benefited from fundraising efforts.”