Garage break-ins prompt appeal
POLICE are appealing for information after a series of garage break-ins in the Bungay area in the past week.Some of the most recent incidents occurred in Garden Close on Saturday when someone broke into five wooden garages in a block there.
POLICE are appealing for information after a series of garage break-ins in the Bungay area in the past week.
Some of the most recent incidents occurred in Garden Close on Saturday when someone broke into five wooden garages in a block there.
It appears seven others nearby were also broken into and that the break-ins are likely to have occurred between 8pm and 10pm on Saturday.
At this stage it is not clear what, if anything, was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
In another incident at Orchids Close between 7.30pm and 10pm on Thursday November 12 a ladies' hybrid pedal cycle was stolen from a brick-built garage at a home there.
The bike was found by a police community support officer on patrol in Dukes Road in Bungay on Friday 13. The top of the bell on the bike and a bag containing waterproofs were missing.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
Prior to this a quantity of tools including an electric drill and an electric hand sander were stolen from a garage in Wherry Road on the evening of Monday 9 November.
Police are stepping up patrols in the relevant areas and are asking anyone with information about these incidents, or those responsible, to call PC 878 Thomas at Bungay Police on 01986 835300.