Garage break-ins prompt appeal
POLICE are appealing for information after a series of garage break-ins in the Bungay area in the past week.Some of the most recent incidents occurred in Garden Close on Saturday when someone broke into five wooden garages in a block there.
POLICE are appealing for information after a series of garage break-ins in the Bungay area in the past week.
Some of the most recent incidents occurred in Garden Close on Saturday when someone broke into five wooden garages in a block there.
It appears seven others nearby were also broken into and that the break-ins are likely to have occurred between 8pm and 10pm on Saturday.
At this stage it is not clear what, if anything, was stolen.
In another incident at Orchids Close between 7.30pm and 10pm on Thursday November 12 a ladies' hybrid pedal cycle was stolen from a brick-built garage at a home there.
The bike was found by a police community support officer on patrol in Dukes Road in Bungay on Friday 13. The top of the bell on the bike and a bag containing waterproofs were missing.
- 1 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 4 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 5 New Asian restaurant already fully booked a week after opening
- 6 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 7 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 8 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 9 'A very special weekend' - Bungay set for 'happy and glorious' Jubilee
- 10 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
Prior to this a quantity of tools including an electric drill and an electric hand sander were stolen from a garage in Wherry Road on the evening of Monday 9 November.
Police are stepping up patrols in the relevant areas and are asking anyone with information about these incidents, or those responsible, to call PC 878 Thomas at Bungay Police on 01986 835300.