GCSE results 2018: Amazing Alice is on cloud 9 - pupil earns incredible 10 grade nine marks
- Credit: Archant
The hard work of Sir John Leman’s Alice Etteridge has placed her among the highest achievers across the country.
She attained an incredible 10 grade nine marks - plus an A in additional mathematics.
The high-flyer spoke of the hard work behind the grades and said: “It feels amazing but very strange - I can’t really believe it.
“I’m really pleased because I did work extremely hard.”
Alice puts her success down to making sure she understood fully topics from the beginning and believing in herself when entering the exam room.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I go into exams with a positive mindset and tell myself I know it all. Even if I don’t initially understand something I think I can get there somehow.”
Headteacher Michael Taylor praised the high-performing pupil and added: “It’s unbelievable - I’m glowing with pride for her - I can’t imagine how she must feel.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
“She is going to be right up there in terms of pupil’s achievement nationally.”