GCSE results 2018: Amazing Alice is on cloud 9 - pupil earns incredible 10 grade nine marks
- Credit: Archant
The hard work of Sir John Leman’s Alice Etteridge has placed her among the highest achievers across the country.
She attained an incredible 10 grade nine marks - plus an A in additional mathematics.
The high-flyer spoke of the hard work behind the grades and said: “It feels amazing but very strange - I can’t really believe it.
“I’m really pleased because I did work extremely hard.”
Alice puts her success down to making sure she understood fully topics from the beginning and believing in herself when entering the exam room.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I go into exams with a positive mindset and tell myself I know it all. Even if I don’t initially understand something I think I can get there somehow.”
Headteacher Michael Taylor praised the high-performing pupil and added: “It’s unbelievable - I’m glowing with pride for her - I can’t imagine how she must feel.
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 4 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 5 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 6 Decision made on East Suffolk council tax freeze
- 7 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 'Critical milestone' as replica chimneys installed on hospital revamp project
“She is going to be right up there in terms of pupil’s achievement nationally.”