GCSE results 2018: Amazing Alice is on cloud 9 - pupil earns incredible 10 grade nine marks
- Credit: Archant
The hard work of Sir John Leman’s Alice Etteridge has placed her among the highest achievers across the country.
She attained an incredible 10 grade nine marks - plus an A in additional mathematics.
The high-flyer spoke of the hard work behind the grades and said: “It feels amazing but very strange - I can’t really believe it.
“I’m really pleased because I did work extremely hard.”
Alice puts her success down to making sure she understood fully topics from the beginning and believing in herself when entering the exam room.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I go into exams with a positive mindset and tell myself I know it all. Even if I don’t initially understand something I think I can get there somehow.”
Headteacher Michael Taylor praised the high-performing pupil and added: “It’s unbelievable - I’m glowing with pride for her - I can’t imagine how she must feel.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
“She is going to be right up there in terms of pupil’s achievement nationally.”