Geldeston Fete treats locals to day of activities and family fun
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were treated to a day of fun and sun as Geldeston hosted its village fete.
The annual event, which took place on Saturday, July 22, featured a host of new games including old-fashioned classics such as Splat the Rat and Roll a 10p, provoking a reminiscent but competitive mood.
Meanwhile, entries for the amateur photo competition had to fall under the theme of ‘wildlife in the Waveney Valley’, which showcased some of the stunning nature that can be found in the region.
Also on offer at the fete was a barbecue, tombola and plate-smashing stall.
Over £1,400 was raised on the day, which will go towards the refurbishment fund for Geldeston village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers thanked the volunteers who helped organise the fete, as well as all those who went along to support the event and contributed to a fantastic community atmosphere.
Are you holding a special event? Email email@example.com.
- 1 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 8 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 9 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 10 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival