Geldeston Fete treats locals to day of activities and family fun
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were treated to a day of fun and sun as Geldeston hosted its village fete.
The annual event, which took place on Saturday, July 22, featured a host of new games including old-fashioned classics such as Splat the Rat and Roll a 10p, provoking a reminiscent but competitive mood.
Meanwhile, entries for the amateur photo competition had to fall under the theme of ‘wildlife in the Waveney Valley’, which showcased some of the stunning nature that can be found in the region.
Also on offer at the fete was a barbecue, tombola and plate-smashing stall.
Over £1,400 was raised on the day, which will go towards the refurbishment fund for Geldeston village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers thanked the volunteers who helped organise the fete, as well as all those who went along to support the event and contributed to a fantastic community atmosphere.
Are you holding a special event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch