Geldeston Fete treats locals to day of activities and family fun
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were treated to a day of fun and sun as Geldeston hosted its village fete.
The annual event, which took place on Saturday, July 22, featured a host of new games including old-fashioned classics such as Splat the Rat and Roll a 10p, provoking a reminiscent but competitive mood.
Meanwhile, entries for the amateur photo competition had to fall under the theme of ‘wildlife in the Waveney Valley’, which showcased some of the stunning nature that can be found in the region.
Also on offer at the fete was a barbecue, tombola and plate-smashing stall.
Over £1,400 was raised on the day, which will go towards the refurbishment fund for Geldeston village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers thanked the volunteers who helped organise the fete, as well as all those who went along to support the event and contributed to a fantastic community atmosphere.
Are you holding a special event? Email email@example.com.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home