Village celebrates new hall facilities in first phase of refurbishment project
- Credit: Archant
There has been a lot to celebrate recently in Geldeston with the refurbishment of the historic village hall.
The management committee have raised a grand total of £93,000 through generous funds from various trusts as well as their own hard work holding fundraising events over the last two years.
And last Sunday Geldeston held its third annual Music on the Green event which kicked off with a celebration to open the new facilities.
Funders were invited along with the local community so that the work could be unveiled - which includes a new catering kitchen, toilets incorporating a mobility toilet area, double glazed windows and doors, a new roof and an upgraded entrance.
Chairman Loraine Loffstadt cut the ribbon to open the facilities as the first stage of the ‘village alive’ project nears completion.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Funding is now being sort for stage two which will be to complete the interior of the hall. Geldeston village hall was built in 1924 and this is the first major refurbishment in 94 years so there is great excitement.”
For more information visit www.geldestonvillagehall.co.uk
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together