Get your entries in for Miss Beccles!
THE Miss Beccles competition is now only a week away, with just a few more days left to get your entry in.Entries to the competition, which will find two princesses aged from eight to 12, as well as one Miss Beccles aged from 18 to 30, will close on Tuesday.
THE Miss Beccles competition is now only a week away, with just a few more days left to get your entry in.
Entries to the competition, which will find two princesses aged from eight to 12, as well as one Miss Beccles aged from 18 to 30, will close on Tuesday.
The competition will be staged at Blyburgate Hall next Friday, and amongst the judges will be last year's winner Jenny Williams.
Jenny, a mum of two daughters, said she has had a “great time” representing her town and has made lots of new friends in the process.
All three winners of this year's competition will receive a cash prize, and the dresses and regalia for all events will be provided.
The Queen will also receive a voucher for a spa day to include an hour's treatment of their choice, full use of leisure facilities plus lunch.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 3 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 6 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 7 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk
- 10 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
The organisers would like to stress that this competition is open to all females, including mums. If you have a sister, daughter, mum, or friend whom you think has what it takes to be Miss Beccles, you can get an entry form by telephoning 01502 715671, visiting www.becclescarnival.co.uk/Miss Beccles, or emailing email@example.com.
The tickets for this year's event will be available on the door at �2 per person. Entrants are free.
Entries on the night will not be accepted.
The organisers said they would like to thank the out going ambassador Jenny, and her princesses Eleanor and Kate.