Gig set to rock Halesworth
HALESWORTH'S Gig in the Park opens its gates for another year tonight.The bumper-packed weekend of music, which is held in Halesworth Town Park, is due to open at 6.
HALESWORTH'S Gig in the Park opens its gates for another year tonight.
The bumper-packed weekend of music, which is held in Halesworth Town Park, is due to open at 6.30am. Tonight's headliners are Geno Washington and Pauline Black, while other acts set to perform include Audioporn and The Fuzz.
Tomorrow is headlined by Hugh Cornwell and the Blockheads, while Bollywood Brass Band, Six Degrees of Separation, It's Not Me, It's You and The Luddites will also all perform.
The weekend will be rounded off in style by Lee Vasey on Sunday night. Other acts performing during the day include Blind Lemon Soul Band, 6 Day Riot, Son of Dave, Route2 and RomTom.
The mainly volunteer crew have been working hard all week to erect over 700 metres of security fencing, using over 23 tonnes of scaffolding and staging to build the giant stage. A number of inflatables used to decorate the site have previously been used by bands including Pink Floyd, Bon Jovi and the Rolling Stones.
The gig costs over £50,000 to stage every year and is a community run event organised by a small committee who give their time freely. Any profit made is donated to local good causes.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 3 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 4 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
- 10 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
Tickets are still available for the event and for further details visit www.giginthepark.co.uk