Gig set to rock Halesworth
HALESWORTH'S Gig in the Park opens its gates for another year tonight.The bumper-packed weekend of music, which is held in Halesworth Town Park, is due to open at 6.
HALESWORTH'S Gig in the Park opens its gates for another year tonight.
The bumper-packed weekend of music, which is held in Halesworth Town Park, is due to open at 6.30am. Tonight's headliners are Geno Washington and Pauline Black, while other acts set to perform include Audioporn and The Fuzz.
Tomorrow is headlined by Hugh Cornwell and the Blockheads, while Bollywood Brass Band, Six Degrees of Separation, It's Not Me, It's You and The Luddites will also all perform.
The weekend will be rounded off in style by Lee Vasey on Sunday night. Other acts performing during the day include Blind Lemon Soul Band, 6 Day Riot, Son of Dave, Route2 and RomTom.
You may also want to watch:
The mainly volunteer crew have been working hard all week to erect over 700 metres of security fencing, using over 23 tonnes of scaffolding and staging to build the giant stage. A number of inflatables used to decorate the site have previously been used by bands including Pink Floyd, Bon Jovi and the Rolling Stones.
The gig costs over £50,000 to stage every year and is a community run event organised by a small committee who give their time freely. Any profit made is donated to local good causes.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Tickets are still available for the event and for further details visit www.giginthepark.co.uk