Gillingham Transport Rally draws in the crowds
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The threat of bad weather did not stop car enthusiasts from attending the annual Gillingham Transport Rally on Sunday.
Held at the village hall, the event saw a wide variety of vehicles go on display including classic cars, tractors, military vehicles and traction engines.
“It went really well and we had a really good turn out,” said Daniel Snowling, who has organised the event for the past three years. “There’s always a good selection of vehicles on show.”
A tombola and family activities including a bouncy castle and face painting entertained the crowds with the event raising money for the upkeep of the village hall.
However after a few hours of the event starting, the rain started to fall.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Snowling, who exhibits old military vehicles, said: “It was a shame as it takes a lot of planning and effort to organise and we only had a good couple of hours. But we had a good amount through the gate.
“We get a lot of positive feedback from those who exhibit and they say it’s their favourite rally. It’s really friendly and has an old school atmosphere.”
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 8 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 9 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café
The rally will be returning again next year when it will be celebrating its 20th year.