Golf club charity day raises over £12,000 for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A charity day at Halesworth Golf Club raised £12,850 for East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Another hugely successful event enabled the club to hand over a cheque for £12,850 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, an organisation for whom they have been raising funds for 12 years, with an accumulated total of over £114,000 to date.
The team Stableford competition took place on the 18 hole Blyth Course at Halesworth on Friday, June 27.
The event had fantastic support with 52 teams of four playing the immaculately presented course, players enjoyed bacon rolls before play and finished with a two course meal and prize presentation.
With over 45 Golf Clubs donating courtesy rounds, and local business supporting through tee and green Sponsorship, a huge prize table beckoned enabling 15 teams to take away prizes, the overall winners enjoying an overnight stay and golf at Stapleford Park, near Melton Mowbray
You may also want to watch:
Support once again came from Mitchells Renault, who have repeatedly given their support to this event for the hole in one prize on the 11th hole.
For the first time in this event’s history a hole in one was recorded by George Savill but unfortunately it wasn’t on the 11th hole so the car wasn’t won.
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 4 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 5 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 6 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 7 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 8 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 9 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 10 Suffolk's Red Rooster music festival WILL go ahead over August Bank Holiday
Imperial Wines, Bungay, were proud sponsors of the nearest the pin prizes with their donation of crystal glass.
Organisers Gary Slaymaker and Ashley Turner would like to thank everyone who supported the event either by playing, sponsoring or volunteering and are already planning next year’s golf day which will be on Friday, June 19, 2015.
Entry forms for the 2015 golf day will be available to download from www.halesworthgc.co.uk very soon.