Golf club charity day raises over £12,000 for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A charity day at Halesworth Golf Club raised £12,850 for East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Another hugely successful event enabled the club to hand over a cheque for £12,850 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, an organisation for whom they have been raising funds for 12 years, with an accumulated total of over £114,000 to date.
The team Stableford competition took place on the 18 hole Blyth Course at Halesworth on Friday, June 27.
The event had fantastic support with 52 teams of four playing the immaculately presented course, players enjoyed bacon rolls before play and finished with a two course meal and prize presentation.
With over 45 Golf Clubs donating courtesy rounds, and local business supporting through tee and green Sponsorship, a huge prize table beckoned enabling 15 teams to take away prizes, the overall winners enjoying an overnight stay and golf at Stapleford Park, near Melton Mowbray
You may also want to watch:
Support once again came from Mitchells Renault, who have repeatedly given their support to this event for the hole in one prize on the 11th hole.
For the first time in this event’s history a hole in one was recorded by George Savill but unfortunately it wasn’t on the 11th hole so the car wasn’t won.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 5 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 6 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
Imperial Wines, Bungay, were proud sponsors of the nearest the pin prizes with their donation of crystal glass.
Organisers Gary Slaymaker and Ashley Turner would like to thank everyone who supported the event either by playing, sponsoring or volunteering and are already planning next year’s golf day which will be on Friday, June 19, 2015.
Entry forms for the 2015 golf day will be available to download from www.halesworthgc.co.uk very soon.