Golfing girl gets dream lesson
A BUNGAY schoolgirl has been helped to perfect her golfing swing by one of the world's top players.Laura Wood, 11, took up the sport just after Christmas after being inspired by her father who plays regularly.
A BUNGAY schoolgirl has been helped to perfect her golfing swing by one of the world's top players.
Laura Wood, 11, took up the sport just after Christmas after being inspired by her father who plays regularly.
But when her grandfather entered her for a competition in a national newspaper she never imagined she would win the chance to be tutored by Lee Westwood.
The Bungay Middle School pupil was one of 14 winners invited to attend his golfing academy to receive specialist training from his team of experts, as well as himself.
You may also want to watch:
Her mum Sara said: “They took her through some coaching and training and she got lots of freebies. Lee came down personally on the Wednesday. She had her photo taken with him and he handed out certificates.
“She loved it, it was a really good experience for her and hopefully she will go on to be as good as him.”
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
Laura, who lives in Reeves Close, practices at Bungay and has lessons at Bungay Golf Club.
Lee has spent more than 150 weeks in the top 10 of the official world golf rankings between 1998 and 2001 and returned to the top 10 at the end of the 2008 season.