Good Neighbours Day in Thurton
COMMUNITY-minded villagers in Thurton and Ashby are holding a Good Neighbours Day tomorrow.The free event will give locals the chance to meet their neighbours, find out what's going on in Thurton and Ashby, and comment on what they would like to see happening in the villages.
COMMUNITY-minded villagers in Thurton and Ashby are holding a Good Neighbours Day tomorrow.
The free event will give locals the chance to meet their neighbours, find out what's going on in Thurton and Ashby, and comment on what they would like to see happening in the villages.
There will also be a number of activities and plenty of entertainment on offer at the event, which takes place from 2- 5pm at Thurton and Ashby Village Hall.
There will be displays from Thurton Pre-school and Thurton Primary School and entertainment in the form of ballroom and Latin dancing from the Jackie Mayfield Dance Club and the Funky Feet School of Dance.
You may also want to watch:
The local short mat bowls club will be demonstrating their sport with an opportunity for folks to have a go, and football and table tennis will also be on offer outside for the energetic members of the community.
Notelets, the newly formed toddler and pre-school music group, and Thurton Pre-school are providing activities for the younger family members. Refreshments will be provided by the local WI.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 6 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected for next three weeks
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
Held nationally and annually for the last few years, the Good Neighbours Days are an EU initiative that Thurton have decided to join in with this year.
The event is being supported by Thurton Parish Council, the Village Hall Management Committee, Thurton, Ashby and District WI, the Resident's Association, Thurton Primary School, the local pre-school and several other village groups.