Good Neighbours Day in Thurton
COMMUNITY-minded villagers in Thurton and Ashby are holding a Good Neighbours Day tomorrow.The free event will give locals the chance to meet their neighbours, find out what's going on in Thurton and Ashby, and comment on what they would like to see happening in the villages.
COMMUNITY-minded villagers in Thurton and Ashby are holding a Good Neighbours Day tomorrow.
The free event will give locals the chance to meet their neighbours, find out what's going on in Thurton and Ashby, and comment on what they would like to see happening in the villages.
There will also be a number of activities and plenty of entertainment on offer at the event, which takes place from 2- 5pm at Thurton and Ashby Village Hall.
There will be displays from Thurton Pre-school and Thurton Primary School and entertainment in the form of ballroom and Latin dancing from the Jackie Mayfield Dance Club and the Funky Feet School of Dance.
You may also want to watch:
The local short mat bowls club will be demonstrating their sport with an opportunity for folks to have a go, and football and table tennis will also be on offer outside for the energetic members of the community.
Notelets, the newly formed toddler and pre-school music group, and Thurton Pre-school are providing activities for the younger family members. Refreshments will be provided by the local WI.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
Held nationally and annually for the last few years, the Good Neighbours Days are an EU initiative that Thurton have decided to join in with this year.
The event is being supported by Thurton Parish Council, the Village Hall Management Committee, Thurton, Ashby and District WI, the Resident's Association, Thurton Primary School, the local pre-school and several other village groups.