Grant helps gymnastics club settle into new home
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles gymnastics club is jumping for joy after receiving a £500 grant.
Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club, which was formed over 40 years ago, moved to its new premises at Ellough Industrial Estate at the end of last year, and will use the cash to pay for new flooring.
The money came from Central England Co-operative’s Membership and Community Council and was presented to club chairman Alf Dyer.
The boost comes just over a year after the club issued an urgent appeal for donations after it lost £25,000 worth of equipment when it was contaminated by asbestos.
Mr Dyer said: “We are thrilled to receive a sponsorship from Central England Co-operative. This has enabled the club to fit carpet tiles to the floor area in the gym so quickly.
“The generosity of the local people, organisations and companies to effectively ‘save the club’ has been overwhelming. It means so much to the gymnasts, volunteers and I and know everyone is invigorated to make the club even more successful and to give another 50 children the opportunity to become gymnasts.”
The club is a registered charity and trains children aged five to 18-years-old.
- 1 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 2 Museum ready for 21st century after 'transformation'
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 5 Chainsaws and drills stolen after rural farm buildings targeted
- 6 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 7 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 10 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
The cheque was presented by funeral administrator Clare King and Natalie Goffin, funeral director.
Ms King, from Harvey Brothers Funeral Director, said: “Natalie and I are delighted to be presenting this money from our Society’s Member and Community Council fund today. It is great to see the funds go directly to support projects at a local level, such as Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club, so club membership can grow and our community can directly benefit for years to come.
“This is the first time Harvey Brothers have supported the club and we are looking forward to working with them in the near future to raise even more funds.”
Is your club fundraising for a special project which needs our help? Email email@example.com or call 01502 712060.