Great spirit at Loddon’s carnival
Hundreds of people attended Loddon’s carnival and procession with organisers praising the atmosphere created at the event.
The Southwold and Reydon Corps Drums and Funky Feet Dancers were among the many who took part in the procession which made its way through the centre of the town.
“It was a really successful day,” said Caroline Brown, event organiser. “Everyone was so happy and it was amazing because the streets were packed. We had giant puppets and stilt walkers in the procession. There was a great carnival atmosphere.”
Events started with a barbecue at the Loddon fire station where youngsters were able to sit inside a fire engine and the Loddon First Responders had a dummy and defibrillator on display for people to look at.
Arts and craft stalls, games and food and drink were available down at Loddon Staithe by the River Chet - with people turning up to attend the day by boat.
You may also want to watch:
The all-day event on Saturday marked the end of a week of activities which included the scarecrow festival - which saw scarecrows dressed as Barack Obama and Madonna to name a few, around the town - and the church summer fair and dog show.
Live entertainment was also provided during the day with appearances by the Anna Mudeka band and the Norwich Samba Band.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 9 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
Mrs Brown added: “Everyone was so happy. The event went very well and it was better then we thought it would be. The atmosphere was buzzing the whole time.”