Public meeting to discuss pressures facing NHS
- Credit: PA
The region’s clinical commissioning group will discuss the pressures facing the NHS and future plans to develop medical services at a public meeting.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG will showcase its Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) today at The Waveney House Hotel in Beccles.
The event, which takes place between 2pm and 4.30pm,also provides a forum for members of the public to raise concerns with the CCG.
A spokesman said: “It will give people the opportunity to find out about the STP and how the NHS plans to tackle the pressures it faces.
“As people are living longer, our population is getting older and the sort of care people require is changing and our services need to match that.
“We want to hear people’s thoughts and are keen to engage with the public.”
Tickets for the event were available through pre-booking but have since sold out.
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 4 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
The Lowestoft Coalition Against the Cuts campaign group are set to stage a demonstration from 1pm by Beccles Bus Station in protest to NHS funding cuts.