Public meeting to discuss pressures facing NHS
- Credit: PA
The region’s clinical commissioning group will discuss the pressures facing the NHS and future plans to develop medical services at a public meeting.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG will showcase its Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) today at The Waveney House Hotel in Beccles.
The event, which takes place between 2pm and 4.30pm,also provides a forum for members of the public to raise concerns with the CCG.
A spokesman said: “It will give people the opportunity to find out about the STP and how the NHS plans to tackle the pressures it faces.
“As people are living longer, our population is getting older and the sort of care people require is changing and our services need to match that.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to hear people’s thoughts and are keen to engage with the public.”
Tickets for the event were available through pre-booking but have since sold out.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
The Lowestoft Coalition Against the Cuts campaign group are set to stage a demonstration from 1pm by Beccles Bus Station in protest to NHS funding cuts.