Public meeting to discuss pressures facing NHS
- Credit: PA
The region’s clinical commissioning group will discuss the pressures facing the NHS and future plans to develop medical services at a public meeting.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG will showcase its Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) today at The Waveney House Hotel in Beccles.
The event, which takes place between 2pm and 4.30pm,also provides a forum for members of the public to raise concerns with the CCG.
A spokesman said: “It will give people the opportunity to find out about the STP and how the NHS plans to tackle the pressures it faces.
“As people are living longer, our population is getting older and the sort of care people require is changing and our services need to match that.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to hear people’s thoughts and are keen to engage with the public.”
Tickets for the event were available through pre-booking but have since sold out.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 9 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
The Lowestoft Coalition Against the Cuts campaign group are set to stage a demonstration from 1pm by Beccles Bus Station in protest to NHS funding cuts.