Group of refugees visiting Toft Monks care farm will appear on Countryfile this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A care farm which has been supporting refugees will be featured on BBC’s Countryfile this weekend.
Clinks Care Farm in Toft Monks has been regularly hosting groups of refugees from Ipswich and Norwich, giving them a chance to enjoy the countryside and reconnect with nature.
And presenter Adam Henson came to visit the farm with a film crew for a piece to be shown on BBC One on Sunday evening at 6.45pm.
He spoke to refugees who were looking after the livestock, feeding the animals and operating tractors during the visit.
Doeke Dobma who runs the farm said: “The majority of the refugees who visited Clinks Care Farm grew up and lived in rural communities like us, some worked on farms or were farmers before wars started.
“The days at the farm allowed the refugees to experience the British countryside, breathing in fresh air and to look over the rolling arable fields instead of looking at buildings and feeling boxed in urban cities like Ipswich and Norwich.
“It helped their mental health and for once, refugees could look back on the many good memories from home.”
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 4 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 5 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Town's biggest antique market of the year set to return this summer
The visits are part of the farm’s continuous efforts to support individual refugees fleeing countries including Iraq and Syria. Are you running a project to support refugees? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.