Halesworth chosen for childrens' centres
HALESWORTH is among the towns earmarked for the next children's centres Suffolk county Council wants to provide.One at Beccles was in the first band of centres and work is under way there, one of 15 so far.
HALESWORTH is among the towns earmarked for the next children's centres Suffolk county Council wants to provide.
One at Beccles was in the first band of centres and work is under way there, one of 15 so far. Now the Government wants us to set up a further 13 centres, which they will pay for.
During March, April and May everyone interested is invited to help guide decisions as to where these new children's centres should be, and are asked to do so via the website which contains all the information and forms to give your feedback to the council: www.suffolk.gov.uk/childrenscentres
Rosalind Turner, director for children and young people at Suffolk County Council, said: "Children's centres are already making a big difference to families' lives across Suffolk. Don't take my word for it, have a look at the website and see what local parents are saying about how Children's Centres are helping their children.
You may also want to watch:
“Now that we have covered the areas of greatest need, our aim is to offer a centre for every family with a child under five. Suffolk's children's centres offer all sorts of practical help, advice and many different activities for children and their parents and carers. Do check the website and be part of this big step forward for our children and their families."
Children's centres are part of the Government's Sure Start programme, aimed at giving every child the best start in life.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge