Halesworth chosen for childrens' centres
HALESWORTH is among the towns earmarked for the next children's centres Suffolk county Council wants to provide.One at Beccles was in the first band of centres and work is under way there, one of 15 so far.
HALESWORTH is among the towns earmarked for the next children's centres Suffolk county Council wants to provide.
One at Beccles was in the first band of centres and work is under way there, one of 15 so far. Now the Government wants us to set up a further 13 centres, which they will pay for.
During March, April and May everyone interested is invited to help guide decisions as to where these new children's centres should be, and are asked to do so via the website which contains all the information and forms to give your feedback to the council: www.suffolk.gov.uk/childrenscentres
Rosalind Turner, director for children and young people at Suffolk County Council, said: "Children's centres are already making a big difference to families' lives across Suffolk. Don't take my word for it, have a look at the website and see what local parents are saying about how Children's Centres are helping their children.
“Now that we have covered the areas of greatest need, our aim is to offer a centre for every family with a child under five. Suffolk's children's centres offer all sorts of practical help, advice and many different activities for children and their parents and carers. Do check the website and be part of this big step forward for our children and their families."
Children's centres are part of the Government's Sure Start programme, aimed at giving every child the best start in life.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 3 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
- 4 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 7 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 10 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk