Halesworth day centre’s new TV courtesy of Hughes Electrical
- Credit: Hughes Electrical
An electrical retailer has donated a television to a local not-for-profit organisation.
Halesworth Day Centre, in London Road, has served older people in the area for over 50 years by providing meals and social contact throughout the year, while also addressing any worries, or helping with filling in forms or applications.
It is run and managed by older people for older people and is there to help at any time and not just when it is open.
The centre put out an appeal for a new TV, which was answered by Hughes’ Halesworth branch manager, Carlton Roberts, who said: “We like to see ourselves as part of the local community. The centre does such a great job iso when we heard it needed a new TV we were only too pleased to help.”
Centre secretary Jean Macheath thanked Hughes for their generosity.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the Halesworth Day Centre please call: 01986 835838.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 7 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers